26 Precious Scripture Nuggets to Memorize with your Child (2 -10)
This is a list of 26 precious scriptures to memorize with your child or children ages 2 years to 10 years. Depending on your preference you can either do one a week and then start over or repeat the same one for two weeks. All that to be said, this is a year’s worth of scriptures. Please stay tuned, I will be adding list two soon! Also, be sure and sign up for my emails and social media so you know when everything new posts!
Pick and Choose! Any that scripture that speaks to you or your child… follow your instinct! And leave no room for legalism!
- Jesus said, “remember I am always with you, even to the end of the earth. Matthew 28:20
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
- Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32
- You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14
- My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad indeed… Proverbs 23:15
- Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
- Cast all your worries on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
- Jesus replied, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ Matthew 22:37
Scripture memory shouldn’t be a task or law. It is a sweet time to get to speak the Word with your babies. If your child will not cooperate, you say the words and let God work in them. Please try to remember it is late in the day, and there is no condemnation in Christ.
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
- For I know the plans I have for you, declare the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
- You dear children, are from God and have overcome them because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. John 4:4
- Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Ephesians 6:10
- Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, Ephesians 6:14
- Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4
- In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
- They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” Acts 16:31
- Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2
- In Jesus was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. John 1:4
- Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31
Remember that your child will react to your level of tension… try and relax and keep your voice steady. This sets the tone for listening and learning.
- For my yoke is easy and my burden is light Matthew 11:30
- This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24
- Do everything without grumbling or arguing. Philippians 2:14
- The Lord bless you and keep you Numbers 6:24
- Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
- Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13
You might love: A Prayer to Be Better
This guide goes great with 17 minutes to a great good night!
May your floors be sticky and your calling ordained! Love, Jami