Oh, my. The chaos. And it is this way every summer. If I can just make it to summer. And then, it will be a season of rest. A season of catch up, a blessed season… of lies.
It is all lies. Catching up is a lie. Ha! I even wrote a post about it! I don’t catch up, I can’t catch up. But, you know, it is okay. I had a shower today, and I promised myself that if I got nothing else done, I would do my DECLARE POST! My what? Well, at the end of this month I will be attending the DECLARE conference in Dallas, Texas. And while I am there I will hang with other Jesus lovin’ bloggers as well as my Agent, Jessie Kirkland, a few of my good friends, Kelly Balarie, Jan Greenwood, Shontell Brewer and Karina Allen. OH! And my newest friend, my editor from Harvest House, Kathleen Kerr!
SO… Here are my 6 I do DECLARE questions!
- My name is Jami Amerine. I have been formally blogging for a year in September, it has been a whirlwind that all started with An Open Letter to my Children: You aren’t that great. I am wife to Justin, mother to, currently 7 children (aged 21 years- 10 months) Maggie, John, Luke, Sophie and Sam… I will “OFFICIALLY” be mom to Charlie in August when his adoption is final. I am foster mom to #joybaby… she’s been with us for 7 months. She is a blessing. I am daughter to Don and Glenna, Sister to Stacey and Michael. Sister-in-law to Dean and Kelly. Aunt to Jayden, Audrey, Emma, Karis, Karsten, George, and Riley. I live in West Texas on a ranch. I like to cook, bake, do yoga, Pilates, and write. I love Jesus. He is just fabulous. I told Him once who I wanted to be when I grew up, He had bigger and better things in mind.
- My favorite thing to write is honesty. Why? Well, the truth is I am a woman after the heart of Jesus. I believe in Him and, I am literally the worst. I am a sinner. I am a hot mess. I am “a mass of conflicting impulses” (Star Trek, Spock: The Changeling TV Episode 1967) And I love exposing this side of me, us, Christians. The side that is at my best at the foot of the cross begging for God’s mercies. The women I love and have become friends with, or “follow” me – they are like me. Desperately seeking a good day in the midst of naked people, flat tires, police inquiries, homeschooling, vomit, military schooling, launching grown babies, meeting new babies, illegal tattoos, spilled milk, poop, Algebra homework, SAT prep, preschool selection, and a whirlwind of other scenarios where Jesus is my only hope.
- My favorite thing to read… this is sticky. Did I mention I am horribly dyslexic? So… I love Dr. Seuss. He makes sense, short easy read sight words that are the metaphors for life. Our current fave statement to our cartoon looking foster daughter…. “The entire village of Whoville is looking for you!” At my first meeting with Harvest House after signing a two-book deal with them last month (WOOHOO!) I said, “Everyone in my family is dyslexic, please tell me we can get these books on audio, so we can all “read” them.”
- If I could do anything for a day… I would sleep. I am tired.
- One thing I love about my blog is it makes people laugh. One thing I would like to improve? Consistency, it is hard to keep up some days.
Lightning round: Kindle or paperback… Does Dr. Suess come on a Kindle??? Seriously, I love to have my hands on a book, with a pink highlighter in hand, or my earbuds in for an audiobook. Coffee or Tea… COFFEE Musical or a movie… Um, can I just have a nap??? Vacation at Beach or Mountains. Beach… wait mountains… wait, will there be napping? Exciting night out or relaxing night in? IN, my life is dictated by my intense need for sleep. Watch sports, play sports, or no sports? Is napping a sport? Cause if so #Olympics2016
This was fun! Hope to see you at DECLARE!!!
May your floors be sticky and your calling ordained! Love, Jami
What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, DECLARE from the rooftops. Matthew 10:27